1. Select the account using F2 – to open Quick Search screen.
2. Open the Customer Account window using the F5 function key. Alternatively, Accounts > Credit Invoice Lines.
3. Click Credit Inv Lines.
4. If the invoice is allocated un-tick Show unallocated invoices only tick box to display all payment transactions.
5. Select the invoice to credit by double clicking it – it will move to the Items to Credit section in the bottom half of the screen. Click the Create Credit Note button at the top left-hand corner to move to the Raise Invoice screen.
6. Click Raise to generate the credit note – or Email to email it.
7. Leave the refund blank (if not paying now or enter value, how paid and a reference and click Save. If you enter a value for the refund now it will auto-allocate. You can enter a refund later by opening the Input Receipts screen and selecting Refund button. Enter the value, how paid and reference. You will then need to allocate.